There are so many ways to calm your mind and so many different methods.
One of the most important things I find is to focus your mind, although some people say let it run, run, run till you had enough and are ready to calm your mind.
For me if I find my mind wondering I bring myself back to what I was focusing on.
I have two methods which I find work really well:
One being repetition:
I read a book called Ramtha when I was about 14 and it came to a place in the book where Ramtha say's what he wanted to be over and over and over....
So when I climbed into bed that night I said out loud " I am the light, I am the light , I am the light, I am the light"
repeatedly over and over and over... and keep focused .. don't stop , just keep on with your words.
I then went on to say the words in my head, I eventually found myself in the alpha beta state, it was my first time and there was an amazing light. one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
The second being visualization:
Sitting or lying down visualize a white light that comes from the heavens into the top of your head and slowly makes it's way down through your body to your toe's. You can feel and see the light filling your body, picture this clearly in your head. When you get to your toe's see a golden light that stems from your feet to the center of the earth. This keeps you grounded.
Stay focused on this vision. specially the vision of light pouring into the top of your head.
You will find your mind might wonder but that's not the end of world just bring your self back to your vision.
One thing about meditation is letting go of all the thoughts rushing through your head, so in a way I agree to let them pass, should your thoughts be banging on your vision but I always bring myself back to my vision of light.
Blessed be all things.

No comments:
Post a Comment